Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Purpose of the Job
Provide and manage a complete telecommunications environment of high complexity such as complete networks (VOIP, LAN, WAN) in support of business requirements to communicate. Design, implement, and maintain telecommunication facilities, systems and networks that are reliable, secure and cost effective. Project and support responsibilities are of a corporate nature.
1. Planning and consulting:
- Identify and analyze customer requirements to identify/provide telecommunication solutions that meet business needs. Review, assess, and prioritize customer requirements including hardware, software, networks and systems. Perform feasibility studies, proposals, test cases, and assist the business in developing opportunity evaluations. Plan and design highly complex telecommunication platforms. Consult with and advise customers in the use of telecommunication technologies, networks and services
- Initiate telecommunication infrastructure projects of high complexity
- Design, test and implement highly complex telecommunication services to meet business needs
- Project and upgrade current systems, or develop new systems/services through measurement and evaluation methods to optimize technologies, networks and services
- Coordinate complex telecommunications projects, including scheduling activities and project staff
- Evaluate and recommend telecommunication technologies, services, enhancements etc.
- Coordinate the efforts of common carriers and suppliers in the implementation of new and/or changes to existing telecommunication systems and networks
- Perform customer site visits for project design/implementation
- Provide technical support to customers for telecommunication activities, and forecast needs through the development of tests, troubleshooting problems and operational procedures
- Provide highest level of support for outstanding problems by applying diagnostic techniques and recovery procedures. Document and follow up on problem areas. Provide technical expertise/support to project and Service Provisioning teams for root cause analysis and third level technical support
- Provide technical training, problem determination and roles/responsibility documentation to immediate and junior level support teams for telecommunication technologies, networks and services. Provide advice/guidance to junior communication associates, and participate in conducting performance assessments
- Develop/maintain measurement and evaluation methods to manage the telecommunication infrastructure. Administer and maintain all relevant telecommunication documentation, diagrams and inventories
- Maintain and demonstrate knowledge of current/changing telecommunication technologies and regulations. Research the telecommunications industry and keep abreast of technology changes, and integrate technology solutions into business environment.
5. Perform other duties as required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of protocols, networking concepts, topologies, etc. as related to VOIP
Knowledge/understanding of networking
Knowledge/understanding of communications management
Knowledge/understanding of Modular Messaging
Knowledge/understanding of SIP Trunking
- Excellent oral/written communication and presentation skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Demonstrated contract development and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated team building skills
- Demonstrated leadership/management skills
Community College: Electronics, Technical Systems, etc.