Welcome to Sears, one of Canada’s most trusted brand names.
For the past 60 years, Sears has been a household name from coast to coast. How have we been able to build such a great reputation? Through our dedicated Associates, of course!
With thousands of roles across the country, Sears is one of Canada’s largest employers. Whether you are just starting out or have an established track record, Sears can offer you an exciting opportunity to build and grow your career. Bring your passion and enthusiasm for engaging with our customers, and you will find a world of career possibilities within our organization.
Purpose of the Role
Lead the store team in the achievement of the unit sales plan and operational deliverables. Create an environment of associate engagement that maximizes customer service and delivers flawless execution of all processes and standards.
- Create an environment where associates feel comfortable to openly exchange ideas and concerns. Drive associate engagement by actively promoting Sears Mission, Vision and Values, providing regular communication through staff conferences, department meetings, daily scrums, etc., and maintaining high standards in all associate areas within the store. Ensure active recognition programs and associate development plans are in place.
- Work with all store leaders to ensure customer service expectations, both direct and indirect, are being met, i.e. in-stock, selling interactions, store environment, Customer Service Desk service standards, etc. Use all available resources to diagnose and develop plans for improvement.
- Drive flawless execution of corporate initiatives and store standards including operational, payroll and merchandising standards. Take a pro-active approach to diagnose and put solutions in place to address gaps and achieve plans.
- Balances current day work with creating strategies to ensure successful execution of future (2 months out) initiatives, special events and financial deliverables.
- Develop leadership team through an effective performance management program that provides goals, coaching, training and recognition as well as regular, meaningful assessments. Ensure succession plans are in place and developmental plans are implemented
- Ensure all associates work in compliance with all laws and regulations and attend and complete all required health and safety training, report all accidents and take every precaution reasonable to ensure personal safety and the safety of others.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Secondary school diploma
- College diploma in Retailing, Marketing or Business Administration
- A minimum of 4 years of previous work experience
- Excellent selling service skills
- Demonstrated exceptional leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated organizational/planning and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
We offer a competitive compensation package including a flexible benefits program and a generous associate discount on most Sears merchandise and services. We are committed to encouraging internal development and providing career enrichment opportunities wherever possible.
Please be advised that only those applicants who are selected for interviews will be contacted.