Welcome to Sears, one of Canada’s most trusted brand names.
For the past 60 years, Sears has been a household name from coast to coast. How have we been able to build such a great reputation? Through our dedicated Associates, of course!
With thousands of roles across the country, Sears is one of Canada’s largest employers. Whether you are just starting out or have an established track record, Sears can offer you an exciting opportunity to build and grow your career. Bring your passion and enthusiasm for engaging with our customers, and you will find a world of career possibilities within our organization.
Purpose of the Job
Provide a variety of complex & diverse clerical support duties associated with the day-to-day operations of assigned department. Work requires judgment in selecting, consolidating & verifying from various sources, & may include preparing documents to ensure integrity & accuracy. Includes communication with Contractors/Regional Delivery Teams, reviewing nonconformance issues, etc.
- Design, develop, create, & maintain spreadsheets/databases/files/manuals, usually via computerized systems of above-average complexity. Includes redesign/modify, existing applications as well as, conducting analysis, preparing presentations.
- Monitor & analyze various reports to identify inefficiencies. Select, consolidate, & verify data from various sources to ensure accuracy. Interpret/analyze data, & prepare complex report which may be semi-technical in nature.
- Create & maintain procedural & application training plans/materials for junior staff as required. Respond to & resolve inquiries, & provide information on standardized procedures/practices of the area. Refer to inquires that require policy/procedure interpretation to Management.
- Collaborate with Management in the ongoing review of processes to identify areas of improvement. Includes creating communication packages for business partners &/or Field.
- Initiate & maintain ongoing communication with field units, related departments, and business partners. Investigate and correct identifiable errors, & referring complex discrepancies to management.
- Perform general office duties such as filing office documents, answering phones/email, respond to a variety of routine & non-routine inquiries.
- Work in compliance with all laws and regulations and attend or complete all required health and safety training, report all accidents and take every precaution reasonable to ensure personal safety and the safety of others.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Secondary school diploma
- College certificate in Basic Accounting, Microsoft Applications
- A minimum of 15 months of previous work experience
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated computer skills, including ability to operate job-related Sears/PC systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of clerical fields, e.g. word processing, data entry, etc.
- Demonstrated organizational/planning skills
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
We offer a competitive compensation package including a flexible benefits program and a generous associate discount on most Sears merchandise and services. We are committed to encouraging internal development and providing career enrichment opportunities wherever possible.
Please be advised that only those applicants who are selected for interviews will be contacted.