Welcome to Sears, one of Canada’s most trusted brand names.
For the past 60 years, Sears has been a household name from coast to coast. How have we been able to build such a great reputation? Through our dedicated Associates, of course!
With thousands of roles across the country, Sears is one of Canada’s largest employers. Whether you are just starting out or have an established track record, Sears can offer you an exciting opportunity to build and grow your career. Bring your passion and enthusiasm for engaging with our customers, and you will find a world of career possibilities within our organization.
Purpose of the Job
Process transactions in a timely and accurate manner, promote Sears Canada card products and services, and provide service to customers at point-of-sale (POS). Maintain the customer service desk according to Sears Canada standards. Assist in sales floor coverage and merchandise replenishment and presentation as needed.
- Provide service to customers at point-of-sale by processing all transactions quickly and accurately, according to Sears Canada policies. These transactions include Sears Canada Card product sales, maintaining card share and conversion, payments, refunds, voided transactions, opening and closing procedures, etc. Utilize all equipment properly and report any deficiencies to a Lead or Manager as soon as possible.
- Promotes the use of the Sears Canada Card in each transaction, and utilizes all opportunities to open new accounts and promote related products (Mature Outlook, Family First etc).
- Respond to and resolve customer service problems promptly. Report repeated customer service issues/concerns to appropriate Lead or Manager.
- Maintain the area around the point-of-sale and the sales desk according to “Close New Everyday” standards. Support adjacent areas in sales floor coverage and merchandise replenishment as needed.
- Work in compliance with all laws and regulations and attend or complete all required health and safety training, report all accidents and take every precaution reasonable to ensure personal safety and the safety of others.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Secondary school diploma
- A minimum of 3 months of previous work experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent technical skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
We offer a competitive compensation package including a flexible benefits program and a generous associate discount on most Sears merchandise and services. We are committed to encouraging internal development and providing career enrichment opportunities wherever possible.
Please be advised that only those applicants who are selected for interviews will be contacted.