Welcome to Sears, one of Canada’s most trusted brand names.
For the past 60 years, Sears has been a household name from coast to coast. How have we been able to build such a great reputation? Through our dedicated Associates, of course!
With thousands of roles across the country, Sears is one of Canada’s largest employers. Whether you are just starting out or have an established track record, Sears can offer you an exciting opportunity to build and grow your career. Bring your passion and enthusiasm for engaging with our customers, and you will find a world of career possibilities within our organization.
Purpose of the Role
Provide technical repair services on small appliances, test, check and clean major appliances from return centers etc and in accordance with company standards while ensuring a high level of service excellence.
- Conduct diagnosis and complete service repairs on small appliances, test, check and clean major appliances from return centers.
- Communicate with and advise customers on diagnosis and repairs completed, including identification of replaced and/or reconditioned parts, timeframes to complete repairs, cost of parts/labour, issues regarding warranty of product and/or parts, use/performance of product etc. Respond to customer queries and resolve issues/problems to customer satisfaction.
- Prepare and complete all required documentation in accordance with company standards e.g. part requisitions, work orders, service repair invoices etc. Forward documentation to appropriate area for processing. Respond to questions/queries regarding documentation completed as required.
- Maintain an organized, clean, and safe workstation in accordance with Sears Canada standards and appropriate health/safety regulations, e.g. WHMIS.
- Promote other related Sears Canada products and services e.g. Sears card.
- Work in compliance with all laws and regulations and attend or complete all required health and safety training, report all accidents and take every precaution reasonable to ensure personal safety and the safety of others.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Secondary school diploma
- One year program in Appliance Repair
- A minimum of 6 months of previous work experience
- Demonstrated verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated customer service skills or selling skills
- Demonstrated oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to operate diagnostic and related equipment, e.g. electronic tools, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and interpret product and service manuals
We offer a competitive compensation package including a flexible benefits program and a generous associate discount on most Sears merchandise and services. We are committed to encouraging internal development and providing career enrichment opportunities wherever possible.
Please be advised that only those applicants who are selected for interviews will be contacted.