Welcome to Sears, one of Canada’s most trusted brand names.
For the past 60 years, Sears has been a household name from coast to coast. How have we been able to build such a great reputation? Through our dedicated Associates, of course!
With thousands of roles across the country, Sears is one of Canada’s largest employers. Whether you are just starting out or have an established track record, Sears can offer you an exciting opportunity to build and grow your career. Bring your passion and enthusiasm for engaging with our customers, and you will find a world of career possibilities within our organization.
Accounts Payable Clerk
Head Office, Corporate
PURPOSE OF JOB:
Perform a variety of basic and diversified accounting activities, in assigned area of responsibility. This
includes processing of invoices, managing Corporate Vendor database, validating, controlling and processing of various manual inventory documents, setting up purchase orders for bulk billing, processing and accounting for catalogue/dealer cash deposits, follow-up on outstanding issues, liaise with business partners, field and suppliers. Initiate process improvement and document processes associated with the day-to-day operations of the department. Proper judgment and analysis of controls and processes is necessary in order to ensure the integrity and accuracy of the relevant financial processes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Interpret/analyze data and prepare reports which may be semi-technical in nature. Perform accounting duties for assigned area of responsibility.
2. Respond to and resolve inquiries from Sears Canada business teams, management, field, bank and suppliers, and provide information and recommendations on procedures/practices and improvement of process issues. Discuss improvement opportunities/alternatives with managers and internal/external customers. Upon approval, implement changes with customers and follow up to ensure on-going compliance.
3. Investigate and resolve errors identified through analysis while noting and referring complex discrepancies to senior staff. Provide recommendations to managers to aid in the development and interpretation of policies and procedures, e.g. recurring rejects.
4. Select, consolidate and verify data from various sources for Coordinator and/or management, eg. interdepartment and/or business partners. This includes conducting basic analysis, creating more complex spreadsheets, reconciling accounts, and preparing presentations.
5. Identify and communicate purpose and impact of process errors/rejects to the business and to the own department so that future errors can be minimized.
6. Redesign/modify existing applications in a PC environment; completing and/or designing templates and forms, databases, offshore/loaded to boat accrual (database), Catalogue Tender Clearing account reconciliation (12 accounts).
7. Maintain ISO and training documents, files and manuals. Prepare correspondence and documentation for internal/external customers. Be responsible for filing related reports and backup materials.
8. Work in compliance with all laws and regulations and attend or complete all required health and safety training, report all accidents and take every precaution reasonable to ensure personal safety and the safety of others. Perform other duties as required.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
We offer a competitive compensation package including a flexible benefits program and a generous associate discount on most Sears merchandise and services. We are committed to encouraging internal development and providing career enrichment opportunities wherever possible.
Please be advised that only those applicants who are selected for interviews will be contacted.