Welcome to Sears, one of Canada’s most trusted brand names.
For the past 60 years, Sears has been a household name from coast to coast. How have we been able to build such a great reputation? Through our dedicated Associates, of course!
With thousands of roles across the country, Sears is one of Canada’s largest employers. Whether you are just starting out or have an established track record, Sears can offer you an exciting opportunity to build and grow your career. Bring your passion and enthusiasm for engaging with our customers, and you will find a world of career possibilities within our organization.
Purpose of the Job
Responsible for driving profitable sales through effective merchandise flow and presentation on the A&A floor. In partnership with the management team, is responsible for total store profitable sales, effective operations and talent growth and engagement.
- Provide Customer with an easy shopping experience through execution of merchandising store set-up and proper signing
- Utilize Coaching tools to coach leaders and associates to drive sales and deliver service excellence
- Utilize visual Merchandising tools, including speed to floor, product presentations, department/item adjacencies to ensure product inspires customers, while drawing on the knowledge of the internal operational systems
- Ensure direct report leaders are focused on key priorities
- Communicate clearly with various levels of the management and associates and in a way that will positively motivate your team
- Collaborate with the management team to ensure products are available and ads are set up properly
- Execute company merchandising direction
- Ensure merchandise is presented to standard
- Execute action plans to re-merchandise store in timely manner
- Review and Manager inventory results
- Monitor daily department results
- Sales per sq/ft
- Balance of sale
- Identification of key items that are driving profitability
- Sales Trends
- Identify and share the alternative ways to grow sales and improve efficiencies while collaborating with various levels of management and associates
- Understand team and ensure associates are in the right place doing the right things
- Develop the floor leadership team through an effective performance management program that provides goals, coaching, training, and recognition as well as regular, meaningful assessments.
- Ensure succession plans are in place and development plans are implemented
- Create environment that allows other to set up and recognize great work
- Be visible on the sales floor
Qualifications and Experience
- Demonstrated exceptional leadership and collaboration skills
- Working knowledge of the coaching techniques and tools
- Knowledge of the merchandising standards, systems and tools
- Demonstrated organizational/planning analytical skills
- Proven ability to multitask and focus on results and solutions
- Excellent oral/written communication and interpersonal skills
- College diploma
- Previous management role
We offer a competitive compensation package including a flexible benefits program and a generous associate discount on most Sears merchandise and services. We are committed to encouraging internal development and providing career enrichment opportunities wherever possible.
Please be advised that only those applicants who are selected for interviews will be contacted.