Location: Belleville National Logistics Centre
Position: Loss Prevention Investigator 2
Status: Part Time
Availability: Sunday through Saturday. Various shifts, including evenings, nights and weekends.
Purpose of the Role
Reporting directly to the Loss Prevention Supervisor and/or Loss Prevention Manager, perform security, safety, and fire/emergency related duties for the facility/unit in order to reduce losses and maintain a safe environment for customers/associates.
- Monitor all alarm systems and take appropriate action where required
- Enforce company policies and regulations
- Enforce Government legislation governing Occupational Health & Safety, W.H.M.I.S. & Dangerous/Hazardous Goods handling
- Identify and resolve situations that may result in accident or injury and ensure safety equipment is in good working order
- Report all sources of danger
- Investigate and report all accidents to determine cause
- Conduct investigations into thefts, vandalism, harassment, violence in the workplace
- Ensure employees wear appropriate safety equipment and identification
- Follow all administrative duties and procedures required of an LP investigator
- Complete and submit written reports on all unsafe conditions, accidents, occurrences and incidents.
- Work in compliance with all laws and regulations and attend or complete all required health and safety training, report all accidents and take every precaution reasonable to ensure personal safety and the safety of others.
- Law and security OR two years relevant police/security experience
- Valid Ontario Security Guard License and Ontario Driver’s License
- Strong investigating, interviewing and report writing skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and orally
- Must have a positive attitude and be a team player
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all matters
- Basic computer skills
- Knowledge of warehouse and distribution processes and process locations is an asset
- Proven initiative with a commitment to continuous learning
- Ability to defuse confrontational situations
Please submit your application to Human Resources:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 613-391-3010
- In Person: 500 College St E, Belleville ON (between 8:00am and 4:00pm)
Although we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we must advise that only applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Sears Canada Inc. is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to disability, please contact us.