Welcome to Sears, one of Canada’s most trusted brand names.
For the past 60 years, Sears has been a household name from coast to coast. How have we been able to build such a great reputation? Through our dedicated Associates, of course!
With thousands of roles across the country, Sears is one of Canada’s largest employers. Whether you are just starting out or have an established track record, Sears can offer you an exciting opportunity to build and grow your career. Bring your passion and enthusiasm for engaging with our customers, and you will find a world of career possibilities within our organization.
Purpose of the Role
Accountable for delivering the sales plan for assigned categories through effective performance management of the team with a focus on a Sales Obsessed culture.
- Lead the day to day selling activities of team reporting to ensure delivery of category plan, including Sales and Revenue, Credit Acquisition, Protection Agreements, TIPS, Returns Reduction etc.
- Provide leadership to sales team through effective coaching and Visible Leadership. Create an environment of zero tolerance for non-performance. Collaborate with Store Manager on action plans for non-performers, including appropriate consequences to address performance gaps (including CCE non-conformance, Scorecard performance gaps and individual sales performance gaps).
- Providing coaching/training, recruitment and selection, conducting performance assessments, counseling, scheduling work, etc Create an environment to deliver a sales obsessed, selling culture where team reporting engages all customers with the intent to sell.
- Provide daily sales plans to team reporting. Relate associate sales goals to overall category and store goals. Provide consistent follow up on daily sales plan including recognition for achievement and coaching, action plans to address performance gaps.
- Utilize various levers to drive profitable store sales including leverage of store support and vendor partners (where applicable). Identify and execute special events and marketing initiatives to maximize profitability.
- Accountable for inventory shrink results and action plans to address gaps. Responsible to ensure in-stock of key items.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Secondary school diploma
- College certificate in Business Administration
- A minimum of 18 months of previous work experience
- Demonstrated selling service and focus
- Demonstrated planning and monitoring skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Demonstrated understanding of basic financial concepts and business planning
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
We offer a competitive compensation package including a flexible benefits program and a generous associate discount on most Sears merchandise and services. We are committed to encouraging internal development and providing career enrichment opportunities wherever possible.
Please be advised that only those applicants who are selected for interviews will be contacted.