Welcome to Sears, one of Canada’s most trusted brand names. Position is for our ST.Laurent Store.
For the past 60 years, Sears has been a household name from coast to coast. How have we been able to build such a great reputation? Through our dedicated Associates, of course!
With thousands of roles across the country, Sears is one of Canada’s largest employers. Whether you are just starting out or have an established track record, Sears can offer you an exciting opportunity to build and grow your career. Bring your passion and enthusiasm for engaging with our customers, and you will find a world of career possibilities within our organization.
Purpose of the Job
The Senior Manager, Big Ticket Sales is responsible to lead the big ticket sales team in the achievement of the department sales plan and operational deliverables and create an environment of positive associate engagement that maximizes customer service and delivers flawless execution of all processes and standards.
- As a senior leader in the store, create a positive associate experience by working with associates and leaders across all areas of the store.
- Ensure customer service expectations, both direct and indirect, are being met, including selling interactions, Customer Service Desk service standards, and after sales service. Identify gaps, resolve issues and make recommendations for improvements, wherever necessary.
- Work with business partners to ensure customer service levels are maintained throughout the customer relationship, including delivery and after-sales service issues.
- Drive flawless execution of corporate initiatives and store standards to ensure resources are used effectively in all operational processes, including staffing to potential, sales force productivity, payroll and merchandising standards within areas of responsibility. Recruit new associates for designated areas as required.
- Lead the big ticket sales associates to achieve overall plan for the assigned departments, including sales and revenue, protections agreements, credit acquisition, cardshare and returns reduction.
- Direct all activities related to special events and work with leaders in the store, district and RSC to identify opportunities for profitable sales growth.
- Ensure all associates work in compliance with all laws and regulations and attend and complete all required health and safety training, report all accidents and take every precaution reasonable to ensure personal safety and the safety of others. Perform other duties as required.
Desired Skills & Experiences
- At least 2 years of experience working in a sales environment
- At least 1 year of experience working as a Sales Manager or in an equivalent role.
- 2 year community college certificate in Retail Management, Business Administration or a related discipline.
- Understanding of basic financial concepts and business planning
- Strong planning and monitoring skills
- Excellent oral/written communication skills
We offer a competitive compensation package including a flexible benefits program and a generous associate discount on most Sears merchandise and services. We are committed to encouraging internal development and providing career enrichment opportunities wherever possible.
Please be advised that only those applicants who are selected for interviews will be contacted.