Welcome to Sears, one of Canada’s most trusted brand names.
For the past 60 years, Sears has been a household name from coast to coast. How have we been able to build such a great reputation? Through our dedicated Associates, of course!
With thousands of roles across the country, Sears is one of Canada’s largest employers. Whether you are just starting out or have an established track record, Sears can offer you an exciting opportunity to build and grow your career. Bring your passion and enthusiasm for engaging with our customers, and you will find a world of career possibilities within our organization.
Purpose of the Role
Provide in-depth, complete product knowledge and customer service to Sears customers regarding repair services/products to ensure complete customer satisfaction, in accordance with company policy. Participate in departmental activities as assigned.
- Provide customer service according to defined standards. Respond to and resolve issues/problems, order replacement parts/products, and arrange service calls for internal and external technicians. Follow up with customers after service to ensure customers satisfaction, and address/resolve customer concerns (e.g. prepare and distribute letters of apology as required). Issue credit cheques, gift cards to customers to cover loss claims. Advise Manager/Group Leader of escalated concerns/issues.
- Generate sales revenue by utilizing professional sales techniques for HomeCentral accessories (e.g. vacuum cleaner bags), services, warranty and scheduled maintenance. Assess customer needs, match repair products and services to needs, and sell add-on sales.
- Complete and maintain all related documentation, including calculations/costing for determining appropriate remuneration for customer, e.g. payment towards purchase and replacement unit, service orders, records of call, etc. in accordance with Sears polices/procedures.
- Maintain sales floor according to standards, including maintaining a neat and tidy sales floor/counter, ensuring merchandise is appropriately stocked, cashing out the register, etc.
- Work in compliance with all laws and regulations and attend or complete all required health and safety training, report all accidents and take every precaution reasonable to ensure personal safety and the safety of others.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Secondary school diploma
- One year program in Business Administration
- A minimum of 3 months of previous work experience
- Demonstrated verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Demonstrated computer skills
We offer a competitive compensation package including a flexible benefits program and a generous associate discount on most Sears merchandise and services. We are committed to encouraging internal development and providing career enrichment opportunities wherever possible.
Please be advised that only those applicants who are selected for interviews will be contacted.