The Sears location at the Avalon Mall St. John's NL has announced its closure over the upcoming months. While a date for closure has not yet been announced, we are currently looking for Customer Service Desk Associates (Cashiers) and Sales Floor Associates that will assist us during this busy timeframe.
Purpose of the Job
Process transactions in a timely and accurate manner, promote Sears Canada card products and services, and provide service to customers at point-of-sale (POS). Maintain the customer service desk according to Sears Canada standards. Assist in sales floor coverage and merchandise replenishment and presentation as needed.
- Provide service to customers at point-of-sale by processing all transactions quickly and accurately, according to Sears Canada policies. These transactions include Sears Canada Card product sales, maintaining card share and conversion, payments, refunds, voided transactions, opening and closing procedures, etc. Utilize all equipment properly and report any deficiencies to a Lead or Manager as soon as possible.
- Promotes the use of the Sears Canada Card in each transaction, and utilizes all opportunities to open new accounts and promote related products (Mature Outlook, Family First etc).
- Respond to and resolve customer service problems promptly. Report repeated customer service issues/concerns to appropriate Lead or Manager.
- Maintain the area around the point-of-sale and the sales desk according to “Close New Everyday” standards. Support adjacent areas in sales floor coverage and merchandise replenishment as needed.
- Work in compliance with all laws and regulations and attend or complete all required health and safety training, report all accidents and take every precaution reasonable to ensure personal safety and the safety of others.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Secondary school diploma
- A minimum of 3 months of previous work experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent technical skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
We offer a competitive compensation package including a flexible benefits program and a generous associate discount on most Sears merchandise and services. We are committed to encouraging internal development and providing career enrichment opportunities wherever possible.
Sears Canada Inc. is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to disability, please contact us at email@example.com
Please be advised that only those applicants who are selected for interviews will be contacted.