Welcome to Sears, one of Canada’s most trusted brand names.
For the past 60 years, Sears has been a household name from coast to coast. How have we been able to build such a great reputation? Through our dedicated Associates, of course!
With thousands of roles across the country, Sears is one of Canada’s largest employers. Whether you are just starting out or have an established track record, Sears can offer you an exciting opportunity to build and grow your career. Bring your passion and enthusiasm for engaging with our customers, and you will find a world of career possibilities within our organization.
Purpose of the Job
Receive, ship, and prepare store and customer merchandise in accordance with well-defined policies and procedures consistent with Sears Vision, Mission and Values. Provide customer service at dock for merchandise pick up.
- Provide shipping and receiving services, including offloading of trucks and movement to/from stockroom, sales floor, delivery sites, customers, warehouse, sources, etc., are completed in accordance with defined procedures. Maintain dock and receiving area to standards.
- Prepare new receipts to ensure merchandise is “floor ready”, i.e. defrocking,, hanging, unpacking, etc. and delivering to sales floor or designated area. Work in collaboration with merchandise presentation team.
- Assemble merchandise and/or equipment, fixtures, etc., and places in appropriate location in store as required.
- Provide friendly, courteous customer service at dock pick up, responding to inquiries, etc.
- Perform minor interior and exterior maintenance services, including maintaining a clean work area, changing light bulbs, painting, snow removal, etc.
- Work in compliance with all laws and regulations and attend or complete all required health and safety training, report all accidents and take every precaution reasonable to ensure personal safety and the safety of others.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Secondary school education
- A minimum of 3 months of previous work experience
- Computer skills, including basic keyboarding
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Good oral and written communication skills
Please be advised that only those applicants who are selected for interviews will be contacted.