Location: Belleville National Logistics Centre
Position: Materials Handler
Status: Seasonal agreement - 6 week contract
Availability: Sunday through Saturday
3:00PM - 11:00PM and 11:00PM - 7:00AM shifts available
Provide a variety of materials handling activities.
- Picking, packing and putting away merchandise in accordance with defined procedures. Ensure merchandise is processed accurately and meets schedules.
- Package and prepare merchandise for shipment (e.g., bagging/boxing merchandise, taping labels, placing on distribution belt, etc).
- Load and unload trailers neatly and stack properly to avoid load shifts.
- Sort merchandise into specific units or areas for distribution to stores. Check to ensure appropriate documentation (e.g., barcodes, location, description etc).
- Practice good housekeeping standards, and ensure safety standards in the work area by clearing debris, removing obstacles that could interfere with traffic movement, etc.
- Work in compliance with all laws and regulations and attend or complete all required health and safety training, report all accidents and take every precaution reasonable to ensure personal safety and the safety of others.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Previous work experience in a warehouse environment is an asset
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs on a regular basis
- Must provide own CSA approved (green triangle) safety shoes
Please submit your application to Human Resources:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 613-391-3010
- In Person: 500 College St E, Belleville ON (between 8:00am and 4:00pm)
Although we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we must advise that only applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Sears Canada Inc. is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to disability, please contact us.