We are HIRING @ Sears Canada: Merchandise Flow Associate Promenade Mall, Thornhill
“We’ve been fulfilling our valued customers’ dreams for 65 years, come help us do it one last time!” #SearsCanadaFamily #SearsCanadaWish
Are you a dynamic, high energy individual who enjoys engaging with customers? Then Sears Canada wants you! Please JOIN the #SearsCanadaFamily
No Retail Experience? #No Problem
- Hands-on Training
- Fun Environment
- Career Development Coaching
We are hiring at Sears Canada @ Promenade Mall, Thornhill
Part-time / Temporary / Contract
PURPOSE OF JOB:
Offload, prepare and move merchandise efficiently to the sales floor or other designated area, following set standards. Provide customers with a positive experience at dock pick up and in any other interactions with the customer. Execute reverse logistics and inventory tasks including RTV (Return-to-Vendor), MRN, shipouts and inventory taking as required. Support store teams in task work such as product assembly, floor relays, etc.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Offload, sort, unpack, defrock, and otherwise prepare and flow merchandise to the selling floor in an efficient manner.
- Provide excellent customer service at dock pick-up, eg. load/unload merchandise into customer vehicles, respond to customer queries, resolve problems/issues, ensure merchandise is not damaged during loading, etc.
- Receive and ship merchandise in and out of unit, and support by completing required documentation and using handheld transmission. Verify the accuracy of shipments against vendor invoices, RQ/bill of lading, sales check filing and reconciliation, SIA entries and related papers. Investigate and follow up on discrepancies.
- Execute reverse logistics and inventory tasks such as RTV, MRNs, shipouts and physical inventory taking while following the prescribed processes.
- Adhere to close new practices and ensure safety standards in the work area by maintaining Dock Standards (e.g. Clearing debris, returning equipment to its dedicated home, moving obstacles that could interfere with traffic movement, etc.).
- Assemble product and provide floor relay support within the store as required in accordance with defined procedures.
- Perform all duties in compliance with all laws and regulations and attend and complete all required health and safety training, report all accidents and take every precaution reasonable to ensure personal safety and the safety of others.
- Perform other duties as required
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Secondary school diploma
- Ability to lift/ carry heavy objects (10Kg or more)
- Sound knowledge of logistics and merchandise handling
- Good communication skills
- Demonstrated collaborative and team player spirit
- Eagerness to make a difference
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment and deal with last minute changes