We are HIRING @ Sears Canada: Material Handler for a 1-month contract
“We’ve been fulfilling our valued customers’ dreams for 65 years, come help us do it one last time!” #SearsCanadaFamily #SearsCanadaWish
No Experience? #No Problem. We will provide Hands-on Training!
We are hiring at Sears Canada @ 500 College St E. Belleville, Ontario
- 7:00 am – 3:30 pm
- 3:00 pm – 11:30 pm
- 11:00 pm – 7:30 am
HOW TO APPLY?
- You can simply send you resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (NO cover letter required)
Full-time / Temporary / Contract
PURPOSE OF JOB:
Provide materials handling duties, which would typically require completing individual tasks.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Count merchandise to ensure accuracy of quantities, repack, and ship to appropriate destination. Report any discrepancies in materials to Supervisor/Manager, and complete appropriate paperwork to identify discrepancy.
- Load trailers neatly and stack properly to avoid load shifts. Ensure all documentation is complete and report any discrepancies.
- Maintain departmental records, Review all current notices or bulletins with respect to shipments, and ensure they are adhered to in the carrying out of duties.
- Monitor and ensure all necessary tools/supplies are maintained in order to complete tasks.
- Communicate regularly with co-workers regarding operations and activities, to ensure and improve overall productivity. Make recommendations to Supervisor/Manager on improvements to work methods.
- Practice good housekeeping standards, and ensure safety standards in the work area by clearing debris, removing obstacles that could interfere with traffic movement, etc.
- Work in compliance with all laws and regulations and attend or complete all required health and safety training, report all accidents and take every precaution reasonable to ensure personal safety and the safety of others.
- Perform other duties as required.
* Responsibilities will vary depending on where the associate works.
Note: The percentage of responsibilities among the shipping/receiving/picking or filling/packing/put away areas, changes depending on where the associate works (eg. in the Belleville distribution center the associate may work in shipping one day and in packing the next day).
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- No Experience? #NoProblem. We will provide Hands-on Training
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment and deal with last minute changes
- Warehouse and loading Dock
- Ability to lift/carry up to a maximum of 50 lbs
- Must provide Steel toed Safety Shoes with green CSA patch which are in good condition